Monday 10 October 2016

Install Tiger VNC on Redhat 6

If you need to install VNC on RedHat 6, usually you are advised to do a yum install. Most often you will not have a configured yum repository in order to use the command "yum install", and it can take some time to make a local one for yourself.

Lucky me, when I had to install a package in RHEL 6.3 and yum command was not useful, I found out that the packages I need were actually much closer to me than I thought - in the Packages directory of the installation media.
Just connect your RHEL CD. I was using vSphere client to run the VM and when I connected my .iso it was automatically recognized by the RHEL and on the Desktop I got a folder with the date of this disk.
In which I found /Packages and there was my tiger vnc rpm.
A double-click over it and it was installed right away.
Nice and easy, when you have the install media.

No comments:

Post a Comment